loading...

SLOW COOKER BEEF AND NOODLES


This is one of those recipes that remind me of home. It’s not necessarily a dish we had often, but it was a memorable dish when my grandma or mom made it! Occasionally, I make the noodles from scratch like my grandma and mom do … and other times, I just buy them frozen!



Depending on the day, sometimes I like my Beef and Noodles with more broth than other times. Feel free to adjust the liquid to your family’s preference and to your slow cooker. If you like a thicker recipe, use less liquid – and if you like it more like a soup, use more liquid. In my slow cooker, I used the initial can of beef broth mixed with soup mix, soup, and garlic – plus, I later added 8 cups (2 full cartons) of beef broth – which yields what you see in these pictures.

SLOW COOKER BEEF AND NOODLES
   
Prep Time 5 mins   Cook Time 12 hrs  Serves 8-10     ADJUST SERVINGS

Hearty, and stick-to-your-ribs, this Slow Cooker Beef & Noodles is a cinch to make!

INGREDIENTS

2-3 lb. beef roast
1 can (14 oz.) reduced-sodium beef broth
1 envelope (from a 2.2 oz. box) beefy onion soup mix
1 can (10.5-10.75 oz.) cream of celery or mushroom soup, undiluted
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
6-8 cups beef broth or water, more if desired
1 pkg. (24 oz.) frozen home-style egg noodles
Salt and pepper, to taste

INSTRUCTIONS

In a large bowl, combine the beef broth, beefy onion soup mix, cream of mushroom soup, and garlic cloves. Set aside.
Place the roast in a 5-qt. (or larger) slow cooker. Add the soup mixture. Cover and cook for 8 hours or overnight on LOW, or until the beef shreds easily.
In the morning, break beef apart and add 6 -8 cups of beef broth or water. Cover and continue to cook an additional 8 hours on LOW.
An hour before you eat, add egg noodles, salt and pepper. Cover and cook for an additional hour on HIGH or until noodles are tender.

Iklan Atas Artikel

loading...

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

loading...

Iklan Bawah Artikel

loading...